- This Division is responsible for macroeconomic analysis, forecasting and budgetary policy.
- It is also responsible for developing strategies for the Irish economy and inputting to the development of sectoral and other policies that affect the economy.
- It undertakes research and provides advice on the impact of taxation and other policies.
- This Division also deals with overall budgetary policy, including coordinating the budgetary process within the European Semester, fiscal forecasting, monitoring budget performance, analysing the impact of policy on Government finances and liaising with the Irish Fiscal Advisory Council.
- The Division has responsibility for advising on and implementing the fiscal rules (the Stability and Growth Pact). Finally, the Division is the Department’s primary interface with the OECD.
Further information can be found at the Economic Policy section of the website.