Twitter – @IRLDeptFinance
Twitter is used as the main social media tool of the Department of Finance. The account is managed by authorised Press Office staff. Feedback from followers is encouraged and we try to engage where possible. The account is linked to the official Department of Finance website http://www.finance.gov.ie/
What can followers expect?
- All official Department of Finance press releases will be announced via Twitter in addition to normal distribution channels.
- Alerts about new content on our website and links to official publications relating to the work of the Department e.g. CSO, Central Bank of Ireland, NTMA publications etc will be announced via Twitter
- Retweets of third party accounts are not endorsements of an opinion or comment.
- The official account will follow other government agencies and accounts followed by the Department of Finance target audience. If you follow us we don’t necessarily follow you!
- The account will attempt to provide a “behind the scenes” look at the Department of Finance and create a greater awareness of the work of the department.
- Failure to engage should not be viewed as a refusal to comment on a particular issue. The Department of Finance also takes no responsibility for any breakdown in the Twitter system.
- Abusive or spam tweets will result in followers being blocked and reported directly to Twitter.