The Minister for Finance, Mr Brian Cowen, TD, announced today (Friday 9 March) that he has made Regulations enabling credit unions to make Personal Retirement Savings Accounts (PRSA’s) available to their members.
09.03.07Minister for Finance introduces Regulations enabling Credit Unions to provide PRSAs to their members
The Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen, TD, today (8 March) welcomed the passage of Finance Bill 2007 through “Report Stage” in Dáil Éireann on Wednesday night. The Bill will be presented to the Seanad shortly.
23.02.07Minister for Finance, Mr Brian Cowen, TD, announces publication of the Asset Covered Securities (Amendment) Bill 2007.
The Minister for Finance, Mr Brian Cowen TD, today (23 February, 2007) announced that the Government had approved the publication of the Asset Covered Securities (Amendment) Bill 2007 which will amend and update the Asset Covered Securities Act 2001.
The Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen, TD, reacted to the new inflation figures published by the Central Statistics Office which show that the annual rate of inflation – the Consumer Price Index - was 5.2 per cent in January, up from the 4.9 per cent recorded in December. The annual rate of inflation as measured by the EU Harmonised Index of Consumer Prices (HICP) was 2.9 per cent in January.
The Minister for Finance, Mr. Brian Cowen T.D., today (Tuesday 20. February 2007) welcomed the fact that Ireland is one of the first Member States to fully transpose the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, or “MIFID” as it has come to be known. This has been achieved with the close assistance of the Financial Regulator and strong co-operation from industry.
The Minister for Finance, Mr Brian Cowen TD, today (Monday, 19 February 2007) published, on the Department of Finance website, the results of the 2006 Review of the Business Expansion Scheme (BES) and Seed Capital Scheme (SCS).
The Minister for Finance, Mr Brian Cowen TD, announced today (15 February, 2007) that he has appointed Mr Maurice Keane to be a member of the National Pensions Reserve Fund Commission.
Mr Keane is former Chief Executive and member of the Court of Directors of the Bank of Ireland.
- Leis an bhFondúireacht Airgeadais Shóisialta atá á sheoladh ag an Aire Airgeadais, Brian Ó Comhain, soláthrófar maoiniú i gcomhair airgeadais a bheidh in-aisíoctha ar rátaí inacmhainne le haghaidh tionscadail shóisialta agus forbartha agus fiontraíocht phobail
- Fuarthas €25 milliún de shíolmhaoiniú ó earnáil bhaincéireachta na hÉireann
- Social Finance Foundation launched by Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen, T.D. will provide funding for repayable finance at affordable rates for social and developmental projects and community enterprise
- €25 million in seed funding secured from Irish banking sector
- Board of Social Finance Foundation to be chaired by Peter Quinn
The Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen, TD, today (Sunday 4 February) published, on the Department of Finance website, the Report of the Review Group on longer-term lending limits as provided for by section 35 of the Credit Union Act 1997.