The Minister for Finance, Mr. Michael Noonan T.D, and the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Mr. Brendan Howlin T.D, welcomed the publication today of the Concluding Statement of the IMF Irish Mission on the 2015 Article IV consultation.
27.01.15Joint Press Release from the Minister for Finance, Mr. Michael Noonan T.D, and the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Mr. Brendan Howlin T.D on the IMF Article IV consultation of Ireland 2015
The Minister for Finance Michael Noonan TD., met Mr Richard Pym, the Chairman of Allied Irish Banks Plc earlier today. At the meeting the Minister discussed the Board of AIB’s plan to recruit a new Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the bank following the resignation of Mr David Duffy in recent days.
Commenting on the meeting the Minister said:
First Irish Government Minister to attend influential Asia Finance Forum
Today (19-Jan) and tomorrow Simon Harris, Minister of State with special responsibility for International Financial Services, is undertaking a full itinerary of engagements in Hong Kong, a major Asian financial hub employing over 335,000 in that sector alone.
The Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan T.D., notes today's announcement by Allied Irish Banks plc regarding the resignation of Mr David Duffy as Group Chief Executive and Director to pursue a career opportunity overseas.
In line with the commitment contained in the Road Map for Ireland’s Tax Competitiveness, which was published as part of Budget 2015, the Department of Finance today launched a public consultation on the introduction of a new corporation tax incentive – the Knowledge Development Box (KDB).
12.01.15Goldman Sachs International appointed as financial advisors for capital restructuring and other related matters in relation to State investment in AIB
09.01.15Government approves publication of the Consumer Protection (Regulation of Credit Servicing Firms) Bill 2015
- The Consumer Protection (Regulation of Credit Servicing Firms) Bill protects consumers whose loans are sold to unregulated entities
- Credit servicing firms will require authorisation from the Central Bank and will be regulated by the Central Bank
07.01.15Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan, T.D. welcomes highly successful bond sale at record low interest levels
- €4 billion in 7 year bond raised by the NTMA through syndicated bond sale
- Record low yield of 0.867% highlights direct benefit of the Government policy to restore economic and financial stability to Ireland
- Asian markets re-opening to Ireland with strong take up by Asian central banks in sale
07.01.15Members of the Disabled Drivers and Disabled Passengers Scheme to be transferred to a fuel grant scheme from 1 January 2015.
- Members of the Disabled Drivers and Disabled Passengers Scheme should claim any outstanding excise relief on fuel used up to 31 December 2014.
- Members of the Scheme will be eligible, from 1 January 2015, for a fuel grant which will be paid 12 months in arrears.
- No member of the Scheme will lose out by these changes
End 2014 Exchequer Statement shows public finances under control in 2014