Harris welcomes European Investment Bank proposal to assist in the response to the Refugee Crisis
Minister for Finance welcomes CSO data showing economic growth 6.7% higher than same period in 2014
Simon Harris T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Finance, travels to Frankfurt today (08-Sept-2015) to advance the policy debate in the fast-evolving field of financial technologies, and reflecting the new regulatory environment as applies across the Eurozone in the wake of the financial crisis.
Speaking before the event Minister Harris noted,
Strong Exchequer Returns shows Exchequer improvement of €3.5 billion compared to the same period in 2014
26.08.15Minister Noonan welcomes creation of 126,000 jobs since establishment of the Government’s Action Plan for Jobs
- Unemployment rate falls to 9.6 per cent in the second quarter of 2015 – the 8th consecutive quarterly fall in unemployment.
- Employment has increased by 57,100 (3.0%) in twelve months– the 11th successive quarter of annual employment growth.
- Strong financial performance puts taxpayer in strong position to recoup €20.8bn investment
- AIB reported a profit before tax of €1.2bn, an increase of €0.8bn on the same period in 2014
31.07.15Minister of State Simon Harris welcomes the announcement of new international financial services apprenticeship proposals
The Minister of State for International Banking (including IFSC) Simon Harris T.D. welcomed the announcement today by the Minister for Education and Skills, Jan O'Sullivan T.D. and the Minister for Skills, Research and Innovation, Damian English T.D.
- GDP grew by 5.2% in 2014 - the strongest rate of growth in the EU.
- Domestic demand was strong last year with consumer spending increasing 2.0% year-on-year.
- In the first quarter of this year, GDP rose by 1.4% quarter on quarter, with an increase of 6.5% year on year.
This Feedback Statement on the Knowledge Development Box is being published on foot of the Public Consultation which ran from January 14th to April 8th this year and can be accessed